Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Hair loss since young age, visible scalp, advised Mintop. How can I regain hair?

hello sir i m 29 years old young and healthy man but suffering problems of hair loss . Sir i have a problem of hair loss since the age of 20 but for long it was not noticeable and i started keeping my hairs very short n it reduced up to some extent.Sir the real problem is i have reduced the density of my hairs very much now and the scalp skin can b seen when i go outside.can i achieve the fall hairs back. doctors have advised me to take Mintop for eight months
Asked On : Sun, 9 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  84
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Dermatologist 's  Response
Jul 2012
Hi there Vinod. How long is it since you met these doctors' & how many days/months have you used Mintop so far & what percentage of lotion & how do you use it actually? Also where do you hail from & what is your affordability? What job are you in? Accordingly, I can suggest a treatment regime for you. But by all accounts from what you are saying, it is probably best that you settle for either hair weaving or hair transplantation depending on your expectation, budget & the expertise of the treating dermatosurgeon near you on the ground. Please do continue the Mintop in the interim. Another tablet that may be useful in conjunction may be Finasteride 1 mg taken once daily that can be added to the regime. Good Luck & should you wish a detailed discussion on this & other available treatments (too lengthy for a discussion here), please do use our premium 'ask-a-doctor' feature or get in touch with mois on the ground in Blore should it be convenient or could refer you to someone doing hair transplantation in your area. Cheers!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Dermatologist, Cosmetologist, Venereologist
Vikram Hospital & Asian Skin Centre, Bangalore
Answered: Mon, 10 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor