Hair loss as a side effect of medication

Can hair loss be side effect of taking VB7 Forte? Hi doctor , I started taking VB7 Forte from a week as i am losing lots of hair and hair growth is very very slow ... what could be the reason for slow hair growth and how long i need to wait to see improved results as i started taking VB 7 Forte tablet .
Wed, 9 May 2012
Welcome to HealthcareMagic
Hair loss can be due to many reasons like multivitamin deficiency,anaemia,thyroid problems,dandruff,alopecia aerata,after fevers like malaria and typhoid,and hormonal.
In males the commonest reason after 20 yrs is due to hormones (testosterone) and it is called male pattern baldness.
VB7 forte is a medicine containing Biotin which is a vitamin which helps stop hair loss.
Since it is a vitamin it is well tolerated and has little or no side effect when used in recommended dosage.
So hopefully your hair loss is due to some other reason (probably hormonal) for which you can consult a Dermatologist and get examined and he shall give you the appropriate treatment.
Thanks
General & Family Physician Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic
Thanks