Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Hair fall on the crown of head. Prescribed finasteride, minoxidil. Medications safe to use?

Hi doctor, I am suffering from hair loss for a while. I ve lost quite a bit of hair on the crown. I met a few doctors and I have been prescribed finasteride 1 mg daily and minoxidil 5%. I ve read about finasteride on the net and I understand that it is helpful to retain the hair, but has serious side effects. Do you recommend going with finasteride? Thanks,
Asked On : Wed, 21 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  139
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi, you can use finesteride 1mg nothing wrong with it, the side effects are seen in 0.001% cases not in all patients but if you are in doubt than you can use a solution called RENOCIA available in market that has a topical DHT inhibitor with which you need not take oral finesteride. 6 to 7 bottles of renocia would solve your problem. take care
Answered: Sat, 24 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor