Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Haemorrhoids at anal opening. Suggest OTC medication for treatment?

Hi, I am 23 years old with 78 kgs and 5 10 inches of height. I recently observed a bulge at my anus which is causing pain and to my knowledge I found it to be hemorrhoids by browsing the images and symptoms over the internet. Can you please suggest me the required medication that I can take at home or do i need to meet a doctor?
Asked On : Sat, 3 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  59
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello. While the most likely cause of the bulge at your anal opening is a hemorrhoid, keep in mind that other conditions (anal abscesses, anal cancer, etc.) can cause similar symptoms. Therefore, if home remedies don't improve your symptoms within a week or so, consultation with your doctor is advisable.
There are a number of over-the-counter preparations available for treating hemorrhoids. Most contain an emollient, such as petrolatum; hydrocortisone; a local anesthetic, such as pramoxine; a vasopressor (blood vessel constrictor), such as phenylephrine; witch hazel is often also included. In the U.S., Preparation H is a popular agent. Other measures that help reduce hemorrhoidal pain and swelling include cool packs, warm sitz baths, using moist towelettes or moistened toilet paper to wipe after bowel movements, and oral pain relievers, such as acetaminophen (paracetamol) or ibuprofen.
I hope that all helps!
Answered: Mon, 5 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor