Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Had x-ray of the foot for a lump near the ankle. Report saying manifestations of Freiberg's infraction are present, flattening of metatarsal head. Can you explain?

Hello, yes i recently had an xray of my right foot because I developed a lump near my ankle area. the report states that Manifestations of Freiberg s Infraction are present. There is flattening of the second metatarsal head, narrowing of the adjacent joint space, intra-articular osseous loose bodies, expansion of the second phalangeal base and widening of the second metatarsal head. My MD says I will probably need surgery. I am 51 years old and will be consulting with an ortho surgeon. Do you think this is my only choice?
Asked On : Tue, 19 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  13
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi thanks for using HCM.
As your doctor told you need surgery for the correction and to remive loose body. Thar is the treatment of choice now. Other wise use your regular medication and do exercise with proper diet.
Hope i answered your query. Wish you good health.
Answered: Sun, 28 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor