Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Had very painful back spasms. Should I see a specialist?

I had two horrible back spasms - one a sharp pain like a dagger going from one side of my lower back to the other side and the next one 2 days later like a crack right in the middle of my lower back then 3 days later my right hip radiated excruciating pain at the top of my right thigh with any type of leg movement, with no radiating down my leg. Should I let time take its course and let it heal or do you feel it necessary to see a specialist? It has been 2 weeks since the onset but is getting better.
Asked On : Mon, 11 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  21
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for the query

Your symptoms seems to be reflecting sciatica due to nerve compression. Such conditions should not be ignored and you must consult a neurologist for proper management as with time the disease progress and neurological deficits will develop which will land you in surgery. So, its better to get it treated now at its early stage

Answered: Mon, 11 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor