Had vasectomy previously. Have a partner and want kids. Can I get the vasectomy reversed?

Hi thank you for your time DR My name is Harry Im 41 yrs old. I had a vasectomy done almost 8 years ago, however I was asked to bring two samples of Semenn back to the Doctor Unfortunately due to my lifestyle I did not do this. Like I say I have 4 children oldest 15 and youngest9, ive met a 26yr old girl whom has two children ages 3 and 4 ( she is reces - neg B ) We have been together for almost 3 yrs , wel since her children were 18 mnths and 6,7 mnths. I would love nothing more than this vasectomy reversed, its hurting me and depressing that as its putting a painfull impact on the relationship. we wantt o add to our current family but do nt know how to go around this and and What are the chances my current girlfriend COULD be Pregnant? as ive not had a long term partner before Lindsey is it possible the Vasectomy be reversed on the NHS ? or payment/private? my 26 yr old partner is desparate to impregnate my partner as she wants Children all in her late 20 s and mid 30 s then sterilized what should we do? thank you . x Harry
Wed, 12 Dec 2012
Urologist 's  Response
Hello
Thanks for your query.You have undergone vasectomy 8 years back and now ant it to be reversed to impregnate your girl friend. Normally results of the reversal of vasectomy are not encouraging Moreover it has been 8 years have passed after your vasectomy and sperm antibodies have already been formed in your body .So there are hardly any chances of spermatogenesis to produce the sperms even after reversal of vasectomy.