Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Had vasectomy previously. Have a partner and want kids. Can I get the vasectomy reversed?

Hi thank you for your time DR My name is Harry Im 41 yrs old. I had a vasectomy done almost 8 years ago, however I was asked to bring two samples of Semenn back to the Doctor Unfortunately due to my lifestyle I did not do this. Like I say I have 4 children oldest 15 and youngest9, ive met a 26yr old girl whom has two children ages 3 and 4 ( she is reces - neg B ) We have been together for almost 3 yrs , wel since her children were 18 mnths and 6,7 mnths. I would love nothing more than this vasectomy reversed, its hurting me and depressing that as its putting a painfull impact on the relationship. we wantt o add to our current family but do nt know how to go around this and and What are the chances my current girlfriend COULD be Pregnant? as ive not had a long term partner before Lindsey is it possible the Vasectomy be reversed on the NHS ? or payment/private? my 26 yr old partner is desparate to impregnate my partner as she wants Children all in her late 20 s and mid 30 s then sterilized what should we do? thank you . x Harry
Asked On : Mon, 10 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  72
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query.You have undergone vasectomy 8 years back and now ant it to be reversed to impregnate your girl friend. Normally results of the reversal of vasectomy are not encouraging Moreover it has been 8 years have passed after your vasectomy and sperm antibodies have already been formed in your body .So there are hardly any chances of spermatogenesis to produce the sperms even after reversal of vasectomy.
Answered: Wed, 12 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor