Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Had urine infection with burning sensation. Diabetic and cholesterol 261. Prescribed Alfalog. Recommendations.

Hi sir, My mother has a got an infection in urine with burning sensation.she is diabetic, and her creatnine level is 1.78,uric acid-7.4,potassuim-5.60,soduim-137,cholestrol-261..having visited the nephrologist,he prescribed the medicine called ALFALOG, Can you please advise me bout the significance and consumption ratio of this very medicine as per my mother's above mentioned parameters?
Asked On : Mon, 22 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  46
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM,
Your mother is having compromised kidney functions and Infection the infection should be treated with antibiotics. The drug you have asked is not for UTI.
ALFALOG with very low protein diet, it helps in delaying the progression of kidney disease in the Predialysis period.
Amino acids essential for kidney failure patients, five out of them are keto or hydroxy analogues in the form of calcium salts.
Therefore it allows reduction in the nitrogen supply and provides calcium, helps in treatment of chronic kidney disease patients on Conservative management therapy.
It helps to preserve renal function. slows progression and delays dialysis.
Nutrition of patients also improves.
Please take care
Good Luck
Answered: Tue, 23 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor