Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Had unprotected sex, red pimples on pelvis, popped, scabbed. STD?

My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex almost two weeks ago. We have been having sex for two years now. A couple of days after he had red almost pimple-like bumps on his pelvic area but nowhere else. Some look like they have almost popped and scabbed over. This is the first time this has ever happened and they don't seem to be spreading but I'm not really sure. He says they do not hurt or burn and he has no other symptoms, just the bumps. Could this be from friction of me rubbing on him (I have very short pubic hair) or does it sound like symptoms of an STD?
Asked On : Sun, 7 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  205
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Dec 2013
Hi Zim,
Thanks for posting your query to HCM.
AS per the history and your part of examination, the simple problem your boyfriend is having is folliculitis. This is inflammation of the hair root and oil glands attached to it which appears as red pimple like bumps on any part of body except palms and soles (don't have oil glands). This can occur due to friction or minor trauma during shaving of the area. Now in your case it is possible by rubbing over his pelvic area or your boyfriend might had remoed in recent past with deep shaving or might be simply due to friction of clothes due to heat and humidity. These lesions heals in a period of 7-10 days.
For STD's sounding similar to these is only one possibility of Molluscum contagiosum characterized by pearly white lesion without redness and scabbing over it. So the second one seems to be rare possibility. If the lesions reappear then you can check and reassure yourself.
It appears from your query that it is you who is more worried about the problem rather than your boyfriend. So relax yourself and enjoy good relation with your boyfriend.
Have a healthy life.
With best health wishes,
Dr Sanjay K Kanodia
Answered: Sat, 13 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Psychiatrist Dr. Sushil Kumar Sompur's  Response
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

This does not sound like symptoms of an STD and it probably is impetigo or infection of the hair root follicles. I hope you visit with a dermatologist to seek the right medications. Until then please use an over the counter antibiotic ointment like povidone iodine or such. I hope this helps. If you want to reassure yourself of not having an STD please also get an STD blood profile done.

Take care and have a lovely day!
Answered: Sat, 13 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor