• question-icon

Had unprotected sex. Taking Loette. Can it prevent pregnancy?

Hi. I am 23 years old. As I wanted to prolong my period which was due on 20 May i began taking Loette from 18th. Today 20th i had unprotected intercourse with my husband. We are not planning anything for now. I Do not want to get pregnant now.
1. Can Loette prevent pregnancy?
2.If Yes, till when should i use it?
3. If No then what can i do ?
Thank you .
Sat, 25 May 2013
Hello
thanks for your query.
Loette in the way you have taken cannot prevent pregnancy.
The best bet for you is to take emergency contraception, which can be taken upto 72 hours, but ideally works best if taken within 24 hours of unprotected intercourse.
Also, Loette is not recommended as an emergency contraceptive, but if you wish to take it, 2 tablets immediately and 2 tablets after 12 hours maybe tried, but they are not proved to be of benefit.