Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Had unprotected sex. On Ortho Evra patch. Brown discharge

I m 19. I ve been sexually active for a little while now. I was on the birth control pill Apri, started having bad side effects, so my doctor switched me to the Ortho Evra patch. The day I stated it, my boyfriend and I had sex, once we were done and he pulled out, there was a brown slime of sorts on him. Both of us were very confused. Any body know why that might have been? *I also have noticed red-brown discharge just from me.
Asked On : Sun, 3 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  121
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
The mild reddish brown discharge is a normal finding once you switch the contraceptives. This is likely to subside spontaneously in next few days without any treatment. Please do not worry and wait for it to go off.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. You can consult me again directly through my profile URL
Dr. RakhiTayal
Answered: Mon, 4 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor