Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Had unprotected sex. Having Total IgG, IgM reactive. Hepatitis B?

Recently I donated my Blood and received letter from Blood bank my Antibody to heptitise B core antigen (Total igG and igM )are reactive.But HBe Ag was negative and DNA hep B surface antigen were all negative and its not replicating virus. So I am worried I am infected with heptitise B. But in the month of October a women did Blow job with out condom so its bother me a lot. Can you reply with all the details.
Asked On : Sun, 3 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  52
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Diabetologist 's  Response

Hepatitis is sexually transmitted.
Presence of IgG antibody against Hepatitis B indicates that it is a chronic infection.
At present the virus is not replicating and the infection is not active.
The viral load is also undetectable.
Antivirals will help only in the replicative state.
Get vaccinated against Hepatitis B.
Have protected sex with your partner.
Answered: Tue, 4 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor