Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Had unprotected sex. Have fever. HIV?

I had a vaginal sex with my GF in 2008 and in 2010 for 5 to 6 times. Prior to that she (my GF) had a vaginal sex 2 years back. That was my 1 sex. Since then I had no complications till now. I had only a fever for 2 days 2 year back. My GF also had no complications so far. I had not any other symptoms of HIV till now as I seen on Searches of HIV. Is I am safe?
Asked On : Wed, 24 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  22
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
HIV AIDS Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM.

There are people remaining HIV negative even after years of regular sex contact with their positive spouses (nearly 30-40%) and they are called as Sero- Discordant.

HIV manifestations usually occur after 5-7 years or more after the high risk activity. Fever before two years was a nonspecific condition that anybody can have and it is not a specific manifestation for HIV.

Blood test for HIV only can reveal your HIV status. So better to have a test. As your girl friend remains healthier your chances for HIV is very low only.
Answered: Wed, 24 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor