Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Had unprotected sex. Have blotchy irregular brownish discharge. Pregnant?

Hello.I m 16 and ever since I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend(He s STD free I might add) I have been having the following problems - Blotchy irregular brownish-blood - discharge (normal colour i.e white) - morning pains/the feeling of needing to puke. and so fourth, I was quite convinced I was pregnant because most other symptoms relate to that, but I took a test today and it came back negative. I was hoping you could tell me what s wrong or give me some guide lines Thanks!
Asked On : Thu, 14 Feb 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  58
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM.

Thank you for your query.

The urine pregnancy kit is normally advised for individuals who suspect pregnancy. This test is advised at least 20 days after the last sexual contact or/and on the first day of the missed period.

The test is said to report false negative results when not conducted properly or taken too early. I request you to repeat this test on the above mentioned date and again after 2 days, for a total number of 3 times to completely rule out pregnancy.

Once pregnancy is ruled out we can discuss other possibilities.

I hope I have succeeded in providing the information you were looking for. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications. I would gladly help you.

Best wishes.
Answered: Thu, 14 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Zainab Hassanali's  Response
welcome to healthcare magic,
you might be about to begin getting your periods that is why you are experiencing the symptoms.
pregnancy test will be negative if done when you havent missed your period in one months time.
you could try doing hcg levels in the blood to confirm if pregnant or not.
you might be having hormone imbalance leading to the symptoms
hope to have answered your query
Answered: Thu, 14 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor