Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Had unprotected oral sex. Will it affect my child?

am a srilankan and once i drunked and i have unprotected sex with a prostitute 6 months lasts for 4-5 minutes.she give oral sex to me.i have no symptoms still my wife is pregnent and am afraid if i had aids it spread to her and did the pregnency blood test can detect hiv bcause we are living in a gulf country .
Asked On : Fri, 12 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  33
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
HIV AIDS Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM.

Unprotected sex carries a high risk for HIV. At the same time all exposures are not necessarily infectious. There many people remain negative for HIV even after regular sex contacts with their HIV reactive spouses even after years (Sero- Discordant). Moreover there are every chance for your contact would not have the HIV infection at the time of your contact.
your wife is pregnant and would have been checked for HIV. I f she is negative it is well and good.
You also get examined for HIV.
Good luck to you.
Dr S.Murugan
Answered: Sat, 13 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor