Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Had unprotected oral sex. Getting sore throat, painful to swallow, spit up red mucus. Is it STD?

I performed unprotected oral sex on a guy about 5-6 days ago and about 3-4 days ago I noticed I had a sore throat. He did not ejaculate because he was incapable of doing so and I do not know if he has any STD s. I noticed today that one of my tonsils is enlarged and that the other one has white stuff in the crevices. I also have light red bumps on the back of my throat. It is painful to swallow. I do not have any other cold symptoms. A couple of days ago I spit up red mucus. I have asymmetric tonsils (I am not sure what the anatomy of my mouth looked like before the oral sex). He said he was clean and that he had to be tested because he is in the military . Based on my research, it sounds a lot like I have strep throat , but is it possible that I could have an STD? I heard that gonorrhea , syphilis, and herpes are common for giving oral sex. Are any of those likely if I only performed it for one minute and he did not ejaculate?
Asked On : Sat, 14 Jul 2012
Answers:  3 Views:  2561
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine 's  Response

You are suffering from pharyngitis and tonsillitis. As there are no respiratory systems, the source of infection is possibly from oral sex. Though your partner did not ejaculate, any infection over the shaft of penis/genital area or in urethra etc can lead to infection in mouth and throat. The picture of your throat as you have described is suggestive of mixed infection with bacteria and candida. Herpes and Syphilis do not manifest with such picture. Though your partner feels that he is clean, he may be harboring infection inside his urethra without any external manifestation. Hence both of you need to be treated for mixed infection. Red mucus is suggestive of blood stained mucus which results from infection with severe inflammation. Both of you require simultaneous treatment.
Wish you a speedy recovery!
Answered: Sat, 14 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
HIV AIDS Specialist Dr. S. Murugan's  Response

Welcome to HCM.
ALL YOUR SYMPTOMS AND SIGNS YOU MENTIONED DENOTES infection of your throat. It may either be STD or due to other nonspecific organisms. You have better to undergo for a culture and sensitivity test for Gonorrhea and also for nonspecific organism. Then it has to be treated according to the outcome of the results. If all negative this may be due to Chlamydia or Mycoplasma. Your Physician will judge and will give you the appropriate treatment. Even without an ejaculate also one can get infected and the time of contact also immaterial. So consult your physician and get well soon.
Answered: Sat, 14 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Suyash Bharat's  Response
hello, yes they are likely to happen as these infections are not related to ejaculation but contact of mouth surface with that of penile surface which could harbor the infection. thank you
Answered: Sat, 14 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor