Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Had unprotected intercourse. Should i get tested for gonorrhea or chlamydia?

I just went to a Sexual Health clinic and was told it was not necessary to get tested for ghonorrea or chalmydia because a) it has been 6 months since i had unprotected sex with someone who s history is uncertain and I have had no symptoms and b) my current partner was checked recently and was clean. Do i need to worry or can I assume that i am not infected.
Asked On : Fri, 1 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  45
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Hi Uzlezz,

You have been exposed to risk of said diseases almost 6months back. You have a reason to smile because both the diseases have an incubation period of one to two weeks only.

But your worries can end there certainly.....

You must be considerate and make a resolution for future not to enter in such risky exposures.

You may be an asymptomatic carrier of the infections and may have subclinical cervicitis and could infect your present partener. He may remain asymtomatic for undefined period but may get symptoms anytime.

You also have risk of having HIV, Syphilis, HBV,HCV whose incubation periods are about one to two months and patients may remain deceptively well for quite sometime and continue to infect others.

Please have work up for them all.

Hope you remain uninfected and safe,
all the best!
Answered: Thu, 21 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor