Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Had ultrasonography done of pelvic organs. Can any online doctor help me to read it?

I just had a ultrasonography done of my pelvic organs post PCB. I am 43. There were spotting for a short while and thereafter nothing for the past 7 days now. The USG report states a hypoehoic lesion measuring about 5 x 4.7 x 3.5cms in the posterior superiorly of the uterus fundus on the left side. It also states that the same is suggestive of subserous fibroid in the relation to the uterine fundus.

Informatively, I have also just had a Pap Smear of Cervix test done today. Reports awaited . Hver, I am doing perfectly OK with no further spots. My menstrual cycle has been normal through out.

What is this suggestive of?
Asked On : Tue, 16 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  30
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
welcome to health care magic
regarding your USG report it is an fibroid..
fibroid is benign(not malignant)tumor of uterine muscles...
there are mainly 3 types of fibroids
1.sub serosal
2.sub mucosal
among them sub mucosal causes excess bleeding than normal, and it affects the pregnancy..
sub serosal donot cause these bleeding problems rather because of its pressure on the underneath tissues like bladder,,you may feel urge for urination,frequency,pain in the lower abdomen like that..
Malignant transformation is very very rare in the fibroid..
as your size is 5*5 cm better plan for myomectomy rather than complete removal of uterus which may be the treatment of choice in the older age but not for your age..
consult gynecologist and tell your report,,she will tell you the modes of management...
regarding pap smear,,,at this age most probably it is negative dont worry about papsmear..
hope you understand my answer and suggestion..have a nice and speed recovery.
thank you
Answered: Mon, 22 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Himaja Bai Kethavath's  Response
Hi and welcome to HCM!
Thanks for posting your query here.
The upper part of the uterus is called fundus. Fibroids arise from the smooth muscle layer of the uterus. Depending on the layer they present they are named as subserosal-beneath the peritoneal surface of the uterus, submucous-into the uterine cavity, and intramural- within the uterine wall. These are associated with painful and heavy menstruation, pain while intercourse and miscarriage while pregnant.
Treatment consists of reducing the size of the fibroid which includes danozol therapy. If the size of the fibroid is too large and causing pressure symptoms fibroidectomy is indicated.
Hope this is helpful to you.
Answered: Mon, 22 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor