Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Had two surgical abortions. Planning to conceive. What are the complications?

Hi, Am 33 years old. I had undergone two surgical abortions, one i 2001 and the other in 2004.Planning to conceive now again. What are the complications that may arise? Is there any chance of miscarriage?
Asked On : Thu, 23 Feb 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  32
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for the query.
An abortion will not influence your ability to get pregnant in the future. If it was performed in a proper manner under proper aseptic conditions then you will not have any problems in conceiving.Be assured about this.
But if it was performed inappropriately and there was any internal scarring leading to adhesion's then there might be problems in conceiving.You can do an physical examination and also an ultrasound to rule out any problems.
Wish you the best.
Answered: Fri, 24 Feb 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor