Had tram flap reconstruction in breast. Mesh used was polyurethane. Some part of tissue removed due to cleaning. Normal?

I had a tram flap reconstruction in 2009 right breast removed and reconstructed.

Over the last week my reconstructed naval has become badly ulcerated. it looks like some of the mesh is compromised, Small bits of packing have been removed due to cleaning the wound and it kind of looks like tissue paper. The mesh used was polyurethane. Is there a history of this type of complication? Is it related to the mesh breaking down?

Sat, 28 Sep 2013