Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Had total hysterectomy. Experienced some odour, dull pain . Doctor removed some tissue attached to cervix. Pain, odour recurred. Reason?

I recently had a total hysterectomy (Oct 2nd 2012). It was not a perfect surgery my bladder was nipped and I was released from the hospital with a foley. Which was in for 1 week. I noticed a couple days before my post op appt, a odor that smelled like rotten eggs . So at the appt (Nov 13th) I informed my Dr of the odor,, during his exam (vaginal) he asked me had I put anything in there and of course I said no. Because I hadn t. He then tells me that he sees something white, and tell me that he was going to remove it. It was painful. He removed some type of tissue that he said was a piece of uterus that was still attached to my cervix . He gave me a script for flagy 500mg, to be taken 2 times a day for 7 days. I did take all the medicine as prescribed for the 7 days, I finished it on November 20. And I am now experiencing the same odor and a dull pain in my left side? I have been trying for the past two days to reach my Dr, but he hasn t returned any of my calls. Please help!
Asked On : Sat, 1 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  21
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
  User's Response
Dear patient,

Very painful to read this.

Ok don't worry,here is ayurveda to help you!

Firstly its called pittaj yoni in ayurveda,but this symptom is post operative.Why you did hysterectomy?Is there any problem regarding uterus/ovaries?

Firstly,I have to check your nadi (pulse).Then after its possible to guide you.

Commonly,we vaidyas use prataplankeshwar rasa/nityanada rasa/dicocction (qath) of panchakola,trikatu+yavakshkara,kinshukadi etc with mahapanchagavya/dhanwanter/panchagavya/tiktak ghritam are helpful.But only follow theses under perfect ayurvedic guidance.Also do abdominal sonography,CT scan of abdomen,urine culture,ESR to get more information.
Answered: Sun, 2 Dec 2012
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor