Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Had torn septate hymen. Not sexually active. Now started bleeding. Concerned about infection?

Hi there, I m in my mid-twenties and am not currently sexually active. I have (had?) a septate hymen that was torn years ago, however, there is still the fleshy string tissue left. Recently (today), it began to bleed lightly out of nowhere again. It is not bleeding at the spot that it had torn before, it is bleeding in the middle. The bottom half of the fleshy tissue is pretty red -- not from blood . I m worried it may get infected and am wondering if I should have concerns of infections or anything else. I m feeling weirdly woozy and kind of sick in my lower abdomen . Thank you!
Asked On : Fri, 29 Jun 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  221
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
I would be pleased to answer your question

I would suggest you should show your Gynecologist as early as possible. Any infection like Pelvic Inflammatory Disease should be ruled out by the fact that you are feeling woozy and sick in the lower abdomen .
the area of the vagina which is red should be checked for any Inflammatory pathology .

Clindamycine suppositories can be taken from your Gynecologist .
You should also take an oral antibiotic depending on the findings on clinical examination.

thanks and take care
Answered: Fri, 29 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. A.K.Pandey's  Response
your problem may be related to infection of local tissue or may be due to urethritis .
you should consult a gynaecologist for correct diagnosis and treatment. routin urine examination can
help in diagnosis. taking antibiotics without proper diagnosis may cause confusion.
Answered: Fri, 29 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]

Related questions you may be interested in


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor