Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
166 Doctors are Online

Had the mirena coil fitted. Have periods on and off. Can I take microgynon?

Hi. I had the mirena coil fitted last sept 2012. And still I am having periods, much lighter but now can be on an off for 2 weeks. Also I was under the impression mood swings -PMT would subside, they haven't. I would like to know if I could take the pill microgynon pill for a short time to give the coil a bit of a boost so periods stop altogether. Thank you
Asked On : Tue, 2 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  72
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
With Mirena coil fitted, you can take microgynon to decrease the bleeding that you are having. This will not help in regulating the periods. Do consult your gynecologist before starting on any such medicine.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. You can consult me again directly through my profile URL
Dr. RakhiTayal
Answered: Thu, 11 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor