Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Had surgery to remove brain hematoma. On pace maker and taking sintrom. Loss of appetite. Any medication for this?

My father, 83 years old had an accident resulting in a brain hematoma . He had surgery in order to take out the hematoma. Also he has a pacemaker and is now starting to take his usual coangulant pills ( Sintrom 100mg).He is slowly recovering (we take short walks twice a day) and I try to keep a conversation with him so that he can slowly get back to normal, but he has a loss of appetite . He is taking a complex of vitamin B . How can he increase his appetite?
Asked On : Wed, 28 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  38
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Neurologist 's  Response
Nov 2013
Thank you for posting your query.

The loss of appetite in your father is likely to be related to several factors. Medications could be one of them, but then, he needs to take them anyway.

More important could be related to lack of physical activity and exercise. So, I would encourage you to make him exercise/walk on own, or if needed, with the help of a physiotherapist.

In addition, he can be given small meals more number of times, than giving two-three large meals.

I hope it helps.

Please get back if you require any further information.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology)
Senior Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad,
My blog:
Answered: Sat, 2 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor