Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Had surgery in eye following an accident. Having blurry vision, fluid build up in eye. Suggestions?

Dear Dr. last year I got car accident and due to that my head hit the front glass of the car since I forgot to use safety built unfortunately. my retina in right eye got detachment and bleeding and the eye got cataract . I did surgery and still following up my treatment with my Dr. but my vision has problem and it is still blur .Recently I saw a white fluid little bit in my eye. May I know what it would be and what I should do? Regards, Saeid
Asked On : Sun, 2 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  30
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
From the history what you have written it is clear that you have injury to the eye following which you had retinal detachment and cataract, for which you have undergone surgery.
Regarding your first question regarding improvement in vision, it depends on the treatment of retinal detachment and whether it involved the macula or not. Many factors are involved in this hence nature of injury surgical course after treatment, hence more history and facts are required to tell about visual prognosis.
Regarding second question, white fluid in the eye, it is not related to your preexisting eye condition it may be because of common infections like conjunctivitis. This can be treated by antibiotic eye drops.
Thank you
Answered: Sat, 20 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor