Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Had surgery for posterior hip dislocation when 2yrs old. Now having imbalance, minor pain while walking. Treatment?

Hello sir I m 22 now, I had an operation for posterior hip dislocation of right leg when i was 2 yrs old. It was going well upto when i was 14 but from from 14 onward i ve imbalance on walking and some minor pain when i walk long distance of about 4 km. Sir, how can I treat my this imbalance problem? whether it can be cured through exercise?
Asked On : Fri, 22 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  19
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Jul 2013
Hi, thanks for writing to HCM.

I suspect that you could have developed secondary degenerative arthritic changes (wear and tear in the cartilage) in your right hip joint which is causing you pain as well as difficulty in walking with losing balance.

An xray of the involved knee joint will show up the amount of arthritic changes in the joint.

Treatment of the condition depends upon the severity of damage in the articular surfaces. Physiotherapy in the form of strengthening of muscles will be of some help but not curative for the condition.

I suggest you to consult an orthopedic surgeon for further management.

Hope this information is helpful. Good day
Answered: Wed, 4 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor