Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Had surgery for post-traumatic glaucoma. Replaced Iotim eye drop with combigan. Can I continue with Iotim? Have hypothyroidism

Hello sir, I am 34 yr old man and in 2001 during a fight i get a trauma on my left eye result of this trauma was post-traumatic glaucoma i operate it and use iotim.5 eye drop for control IOP From2005 to2011 after it Dr. Suggest combigan eye drop and now i use latocom eye drop please suggest me that can i return to iotim .5 back i am also have hypothyroidism but now it controlled
Asked On : Fri, 7 Sep 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  80
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
As from your history you had post traumatic glaucoma for which you are on treatment with latocom eye drops.
Latocom eye drops is a combination of Latanoprost and Timolol and it is more potent than Iotim which contains only Timolol.
You were started with Iotim eye drops initially and then on Combigan which is a combination of Brimonidine and Timolol and now on Latocom eye drops.
Of these three eye drops Latocom is the most potent one followed by Combigan and Iotim.
Hence Iotim a less potent eye drops cannot be used for more potent eye drops like Latocom. This depends on the level of desired intraocular pressure and the intraocular pressure you are having now.
Thank you
Answered: Wed, 7 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor