Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Had surgery for appendicitis. Colon cut during the surgery. Repair surgery scheduled. Need second opinion

My friend had a severe case of appendicitis and his colon was nicked during the surgery. He did not start to sow symptoms of this until much later. I am going to be talking to his gastro MD today. What kind of questions should I ask him. He is planning on having surgery to repair this after all his infection has cleared .
Asked On : Fri, 18 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  20
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Pediatrician 's  Response
Feb 2013
Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

I am so sorry to hear the complication of colon cut that occured during appendicectomy surgery.

You can ask his gastro doctor about the treatment options, about the surgical procedure, and the duration of hospital stay.

Discuss about the recovery, the timing of start of oral feeds after the surgery.

Hope I have answered your query.

Answered: Thu, 25 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor