Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

Had surgery for Vericoele, still severe pain in left side of testes. Any permanent solution ?

Hi Doctor, I am 29 year old boy, having a problem of Vericoele & done a surgery in last year. But still I have severe pain in left side of testes. As per the surgeon that surgery was correct & successful, but why still I have pain? Can you please suggest me any quick relief medicine for permanent. I am living in Dubai, so please advise me any medicine which I can get easily over here. Email Id- YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Thu, 11 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  16
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Urologist 's  Response
You did not mention why you had a varicocoele surgery, but I hope it was not for pain in scrotum because most patients will have persistent pain even after the surgery because of increased engorgement of veins in the epididymis which is the site for storage of sperms due to back pressure from veins that are ligated at the time of varicocele repair. Sometimes, scrotal support helps relieve the pain, but many patients need to use analgesics like Tramadol with or without paracetamol for better relief. If no relief, you can try a tablet like Pregabalin which helps with neuropathic pain relief.
Hope I have been able to help you.
Answered: Mon, 23 Dec 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor