Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Had surgeries on spine. Paced rods on the spine. Severe pain. Taking methadone. Need stronger pain medication

Hi, I had 2 surgeries on my spine 2011, a long fusion from t6 to s1 within 1 month the hardware at s1 loosened and it had to be rerouted into both sides of the pelvis , I had double rods on both sides of the spine. Right now I am in agony I eel every screw ,hook and other hardware jabbing at every inch of my back, also I am no longer upright I am almost 45 degrees bent forward just as I was before the surgery. I feel this surgeon took advantage of me and played God with my body. I see no one like me anywhere. I relocated to Vermont and I am in need of a pain management doctor. I am currently on methadone , it doesn t work no breakthrough medication I cant stand this.
Asked On : Wed, 27 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  17
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Neurologist 's  Response
Nov 2013
Thank you for posting your query.
It is unfortunate that you have to suffer this severe pain despite surgeries.
Good medications to relieve chronic and neuropathic pain include pregabalin, gabapentin, duloxetine, and tramadol.
You may take these medications with a doctor's prescription.
Please get back if you require any additional information.

Best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology)
Senior Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad,
My personal URL on this website:
My email:
My blog:
Answered: Thu, 27 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor