Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
125 Doctors are Online

Had surgeries for lower back pain. Ruptured disc and fusion. Trying for a stimulator implant. What else can be tried?

I have had 3 back surgeries for lower back pain L4-L5. The 1rst was to go in and just clean between discs. 2nd the disc ruptured and had a fusion on the left side. 3rd was going back in to fuse the right side. pain kept coming back and went to pain clinic. had shots that didn t work for very long and lots of different pain meds. the last step was a stimulator implant. it had been working for my back, but now i have the sciatic nerve really bothering me. very sharp and intense pain starting in right butt cheek shoots over to left cheek and then down left leg. stimulator was set for that area and is not making a difference. what else can i try for this???
Asked On : Tue, 18 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  22
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
you can try steriods and multivitamins
Answered: Tue, 18 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor