Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Had stroke, open heart surgery, bladder cancer surgery. Chronic burning on right side of body. Treatment?

My husband has had a stroke , open heart surgery and bladder cancer surgery during the last two years. Once a very active vibrant man, he is now very inactive because of a chronic burning on the right side of his body. The doctor said the pain center in his brain has been killed. Medication does not seem to help much. Is there any natural product that may relieve the pain.
Asked On : Sun, 10 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  24
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM,

Stroke is associated with permanent loss of function of part of brain that is affected.
The problem that your father is facing is that of burning sensation on reight side of the body.
This does not seem to be because of loss of function of the pain centre but in fact due to over activity of the pain center of the brain.
Neurological damage is difficult to manage.
However, division of the nerve/ nerve trunk supplying that area will help to relieve the pain.
You need to consult your neurologist as well as a neurosurgeon for management of the problem.

Thanks and take care
Dr Shailja P Wahal

Answered: Thu, 27 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor