Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Had strep throat, taken medicines for phariginitis, feeling of phlegm ball in throat, accidentally pulled tonsils, bleeding, burning sensation

A couple of weeks ago I went into the ER in the middle of the night bc I had been fighting what I thought was a horribly painful ear infection/ strep throat . The doctor diagnosed it as laryngitis and gave me a shot that seemed to take away the pain in a few days. Since then, I ve had what I thought was a phlegm ball in my throat. This morning I tried to cough it up by making a sucking motion in my throat. It came to the front enough for me to feel it with my first finger , however I realized it was my tonsils that I had apparently pulled forward making bleed a little and now they freely move back and forth with a light fire sensation on my throat. I feel like I am constantly swallowing my tonsils.
Asked On : Mon, 4 Jun 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  87
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thank u for choosing HCM...
I need to know your age because at pubery physiological enlargement of lyphatis tissue of throat occurs..
If you have pulled your tonsil and and bleeding you would have visited a doctor immediately...
Kindly visit a otolaryngologist for examination of throat..
They will decide accordingly what should be done...
Thank u...
Answered: Mon, 4 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Harish Naik's  Response

Welcome to HCM

It is your subjective feeling. Tonsils are well supported by the tissues around it. It is not possible tear it by making sucking motion in the throat.

Due to sucking motion you might have injured parts in your mouth and pharynx which is responsible for the slight bleeding.

I advice you to use the over the counter pharyngeal demulcents which will sooth the throat and reduce your symptoms.

If the pain increases i advice you to see ENT specialist.

Hope i have provided the information you needed.

Take care.
Answered: Mon, 4 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor