Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

Had stomach flu and experienced vertigo. Tiny pupils, tiredness, light headedness and sometimes pressure in the back of my head exists. Cause?

I am a 53 year old woman and About 3 weeks ago I had a bad fall on the ice and hit the back of my head quite hard. I told co workers about it as I was concerned that I hit my head so hard on the ice and wanted them to be aware in case something happened. I continued working and the next day my neck was very sore like whip lash but no signs of head trauma. Just a week ago I got the stomach flu and experienced vertigo even while lying in bed. I had a shower the next day to see if I could shake off the way I was feeling. I had vertigo so bad in the shower that I fell out through the shower door into the bathroom counter. I caught myself and did not have any injury. My husband quickly took my blood pressure and it was good 115 over 75.When I looked in the mirror I noticed that my pupils were very tiny and I have been very tired and lightheaded ever since. The stomach flu only lasted a few days and I took medication for the vertigo. The symptoms that remain are my tiny pupils, tiredness, light headedness and sometimes pressure in the back of my head. Just wondering why these symptoms still exist after a week. I do not take drugs so that is not why I have small pupils. Any idea what could be causing this?
Asked On : Sat, 6 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  75
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

I understand your concerns. I understand that you might have had a viral labyrinthitis which is causing you to have all these symptoms. I think the lightheadedness and the tiredness is also a result of the viral infection. I hope you got all the imaging studies done for the vertigo like sensation as well as for the head trauma. I think that you should also take care in the future regarding any such incidents. I believe that you should also visit with a neurologist to find out if there is anything that you should be concerned about and get the CT/MRI that is needed.

I hope this helps. Take care and have a lovely day!
Answered: Sun, 26 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor