• question-icon

Had stomach cramps, threw up. Got headache, exhausted. Quick medication for energy, headache?

Hi I need help on medications. I am a 15 year old male. I am currently on vacation in Colorado. When I was in Denver, I got stomach cramps and evantually threw up. That was about 72 hours ago. Since then I haven't been feeling great. I have been getting plenty of rest and drinking lots of water. I am now in breckenridge, Colorado, at an elevation of 10,000+ feet. I have never had a problem with altitude sickness and do not think that is the problem here. When I stand up, I often get a headache, and I am exhausted all the time. Even after a full nights rest I am very tired. My vacation ends in 2 days and I really want to ski these last 2 days, I have been stuck in a bedroom for the past 72 hours. Can you recommend a quick over the counter medication for energy, and headache? I also have stomach cramps on occasion.

Thanks so much for your help, you don't know how much it means to me
Fri, 26 Apr 2013
hi
acute mountain sickness(AMS) and HACE(high altitutde cerebral edema
people with any infection are more prone to get AMS
you had acute gastoenteritis (infection ) may be viral without fever and that had subsided
excessive water intake can also potentiate AMS at altitude greater than 8000 ft
treatment
for AMS get over the counter acetazolamide 250 mg twice in morning and evening
or dexamethasone 8mg stat
and get antibiotic any (augmentine ) with stomach coatine like sucralfate
and you will enjoy Colorado
take care