Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Had spinal fusion, have two harrington rods, started back pain, numb arm and legs. Should i go for treatment?

hello...I am 39 yr old male and had spinal fusion back in 1990 to trreat severe scholiosis. I have two hariginton (sp) rods. In the past ten year I ve been working in construction and am starting feel real pain through out my entire back I am getting a little nervous about some numb feelings through my right arm and both legs. My question is...Do I need a refferal to see a back speacalist?Do know of a good Dr. in the Sacramento Ca area? Thank you. -B
Asked On : Sun, 15 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  40
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
You should certainly go and see a spinal surgeon or back specialist about your new symptoms.
It could be related to the earlier problem or could be a new disc problem.
Answered: Tue, 25 Mar 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor