Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Had spinal chord injury, fracture. Following the advise. Now regained movement. What to do?

I am recovering from a spinal chord injury. Fracture of L-2. I have regained most feeling in left leg and can now feel when bladder full, but still cath. Have a bowel program I follow. Work out my feces with glove and lots of K y. I want to know what I am feeling with my index finger in rectum, even though I think my rectum is empty. It feels solid against the tip if middle finger.
Asked On : Tue, 23 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  9
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
The firm feeling that you are getting even when the rectum is empty is likely to be the tip of the coccyx. Be careful to not to probe too high and cause an injury in the area. The sensations will return gradually.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal ,
Answered: Sat, 22 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor