Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Had spermatocele surgery, now having pain. Cure?

I had spermatocele surgery last year. The pain went away for several months but is now back. The spermatocele doesn t appear to have come back, just the pain. It isn t too bad if I ejactulate every other day or so. My wife of twenty years can t keep up with my need to get some relief . Any thoughts? Is there something that the doctor can do?
Asked On : Wed, 4 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  240
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have undergone surgery for removal of spermatocele last year and now getting pain in the same area.

Spermatocele has tendency to recur again after removal .Please consult the operating surgeon
for clinical examination and get ultrasound scanning of the scrotum done to rule out the same.

You need to take broad spectrum antibiotic like Cefexine along with anti inflammatory drug like Diclofenac twice daily for 10 days .

Answered: Thu, 27 Mar 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor