Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Had sex with bar girl with condom, HIV test negative. What could be risk of exposure. What to do?

Hello, I had a sex with a bar girl on the 19/02/2013.She provided the condom and I am really not too sure about the reliability of the condom.I was thinking the condom could have been pierced in attempt to intentionally transfer HIV to me..After the incident,I forced her to do an HIV test which came out indeterminate for her.I later went for a HIV duo test on the 22/03/2013 and the result came out negative. Please advise on my risk exposure and what to do.
Asked On : Sun, 14 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  77
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
HIV AIDS Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM.

Don't imagine odd thing like intensively transfer HIV to you. A reputed bar girl will not do such things as the business will be affected adversely. Condom offers a very high degree of protection from HIV. Even if she is a HIV positive girl and then you had your sex without protection, there are chances of not getting the infection. Many individuals,(30-40%) living with the positive people for years together with regular sex remains sero-negative and it is called as sero-discordant. So you neede not worry if getting HIV. HIV DUO test remains negative after a month assures you that you are free from HIV.
Relax well.
Dr S.Murugan
Answered: Sun, 14 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor