Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

Had sex, regular period. HPT negative. Should i be concerned?

hi. my period is late now about 2 weeks, i haven t had sex in about 3 months and i have gotten my period in the two months prior to this one. i have taken two pregnancy tests and there both negative , can it be that im pregnant.....even those i had my period twice since the sex and took pregnancy tests that came out were negative????? thank you
Asked On : Sat, 2 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  17
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
OBGYN 's  Response
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question.

If you had sex 3 months ago and had conceived, then the pregnancy test would be positive. If it is negative, then you are NOT pregnant. A pregnancy test will generally turn positive about 2-3 weeks after conception. If you have not had sex for 3 months, the negative test indicates that you are not pregnant.

I hope that this helps and good luck!
Answered: Sun, 3 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor