Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Had sex on the day of ovulation. Now missed period with negative HPT. why?

I m not sure if im pregnant. I had sex every day I ovulated. A week from then I experienced spotting that turned to light bleeding then back to spotting over 4 days. This was a week before my period was suppose to arrive. I have taken three test that came back negative. Today is the day my period was originally suppose to start. When can I obtain a accurate result?
Asked On : Thu, 2 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  23
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for posting your query.
If you had sex in fertile period, it does not mean that you will be 100% pregnant.
There are only 15-20% chances of getting conception after having sex in fertile period.
For confirmation of pregnancy, you can get blood beta HCG test done as urine pregnancy test can be false negative & it shows result 1-2 days after missing period.
I hope your query has been answered.
Take care.
Answered: Tue, 25 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor