Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Had sex, inability to achieve erection. What is going on?

I'm a 24 year old male, about 6 feet tall, weigh about 170 pounds, and am in pretty good shape and generally healthy. Though it's somewhat late in this day in age I recently had sex for the first time. I had some difficulty in achieving enough of an erection to penetrate but was eventually able to. The same thing happened the second time. Both times I "finished" very quickly. The third and fourth times we tried I was unable to achieve enough of an erection to have sex. These attempts were all different days. I am wondering why at my age I am having such difficulty achieving an erection when I'm with my partner. She is worried that I'm not attracted to her and this is only making things worse. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Asked On : Sun, 14 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  38
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Thanks for using health care magic for posting your query.
I have gone through your given history in detail.
In your description yo have mentioned that you have not had sex until you are 24 years and recently you have started having sex.
The most common cause for not able to perform sex is "pressure for performance". This makes things difficult. You should see a psychiatrist or a sexologist who can talk to your and discuss about your thoughts about sex.
Secondly for a few days try avoiding masturbation. Not intending to say that it is harmful, but it will reduce your sexual intent.
If you have problem with your girlfriend try asking her to visit a sexologist with you.

Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
Answered: Wed, 17 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Psychiatrist Dr. Sushil Kumar Sompur's  Response
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

You need to urgently seek help and the person that can take a good medical and sexual history and complete a physical examination and investigations so as to give you the right advise and medications would be either a qualified sexologist or a psychiatrist. Please see one as soon as you can and get on with your relationship. I hope this helped.

Take care and have a lovely day!
Answered: Mon, 15 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor