Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Had sex and light period after. Have vomiting, nausea, tiredness and bloating. HPT negative. Advice?

Ok I had unprotected sex on March 10 I had a 3 day period starting March 18 but it was lighter than normal I have experience pregnancy symptoms vomitting, being nauseous, being tired and bloating in my pelvic area I took HPT and it came back negative I had another period or what I thought was a period in mid April but it was very light Im still bloated and having symptoms
Asked On : Thu, 2 May 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  16
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi and thanks for the query,
Lack of periods or lagging menses in a female reproductive age should warrant a proper pregnancy test. It is preferable to do a blood serum beta HCG test to be more sensitive. It is however not rare to have bleeding abnormalities or even skipping of periods in some females of reproductive age. This could be the case in anovulatory cycles and even stress could lead to these modifications. I suggest you visit your primary care physician and and ultrasound scan to evaluate the nature of the uterus and contents could be very useful.
I suggest you consult your primary care physician for a clinical evaluation, beta HCG test and an ultrasound scan of the abdomen.
Thanks and best regards,
Luchuo, MD.
Answered: Thu, 2 May 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor