Had severe trapezius muscle pain and sore redness in neck. Have mild arthritis. Further?

Good afternoon. I have been to my doctor but I feel very disappointed with the service. I have had severe trapezzius muscle pain and the feeling of fire redness in my neck (I have been told in the past that I have mild arthritis ) , extending to my shoulder and upper arm. After a whole week of agony, I noticed that my forearm was also very painful and causing sore veins at my wrist . My back feels like my shoulder is dislocated and the back of my neck is still sore. I have been taking painkillers for 3 wks and have been prescribed another 3 weeks worth. Please could you give me some advice of the cause, the length of time I may have to suffer and the best way to lie down. If it s RSI (I m a typist) is it likely ever to go away? Thank you for reading this. KR
Mon, 14 Apr 2014