Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Had severe central chest pain, blood trained from legs, head dizzy. Is it a heart attack?

Yes, thank you. I m a 68y/o female, 12 years post stem cell transplant for CML. RX Lipitor only. Dec 1, 2012 I had sever central chest pain , blood trained from my legs, head dizzy, then I fell down/passed out. F/U test revealed moderate arrythmia , max QTC 821ms Max QT 753ms. Additional CTA, echocardiogram , carotid ultrasound, and labs. MVP with regurgitation, tricuspid regurgitation, pulmonic regurgitation, mild pericardial effusion. MD stated that all test results WNL and to return in one year for follow up. I m mainly concerned with (1) mild heart attack not ruled out and (2) significance of abnormal QTc. Could you please respond? thank you, Nyla
Asked On : Sun, 27 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  38
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Cardiologist 's  Response
If your QTc is really that long then you need to immediately goto a cardiologist and an electrophysiologist IMMEDIATELY and there is no way any of them (assuming what you wrote is true) would say that "all test results are normal" as the EKG alone showed that abnormal QT is enough to warrant treatment especially with your syncopal episode. Get to a specialist immediately. I work in NYC and if you wish I can evaluate you in my office. Thank you.
Answered: Tue, 29 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor