Had scalp and itching on head

hi i am nithya. i had scalp itching on head .
so find a solution for me
Tue, 30 Aug 2011
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
Treatment/Therapy
Hi!Nithya,
Welcome To HealthacareMagic forum,

Nithya if your scalp does not show any scaling or excess peeling form a particular site ,then you won't be having any fungal infection.
There are two other conditions which you might be having .Probably just a excessive dandruff which is causing itching.And secondly ,if itching is very sever ,then you should rule out HEAD LICE .
For dandruff you can use a kecoconazole 2% shampoo twice a week along with topical steroid lotion .
For head lice ,you should use 1% permithrine solution as a shampoo for scalp.
Your dermatologist would help you find a perfect solution for you.

Hope this answers your query ,if you have any further question ,you can write back to us.

regards,
Dr.chawda