Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Had removed brodie's abscess from the tibia bone. Noticed bulging vein and bruise on knee. Worrisome

yesterday my sisters dog ran into my knee... I noticed 10 mins later a bulging vein toward the inside of my left knee ( I have had a Brodies Abcess removed from the tibia bone in that leg 8 years ago) then about half hour later the tender bulging vein turned into a bruise that has just gotten bigger and bigger today.. Is this just a simple bruising injury or should I have this injury checked due to my history with that leg?
Asked On : Thu, 28 Feb 2013
Answers:  4 Views:  45
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Jul 2013
Hi, thanks for writing to HCM.

Your present injury has got nothing to do with your past history of brodies abscess removal.

I suspect that your bruise could be the result of injury to the subcutaneous venules. Simple measures like -
* Elastic pressure bandage over the injured area
* ice packing of the area once in 2 hours

will help in the resolution of the bruise.

If you find no improvement within 2-3 days, approach your treating physician.

Hope this information is helpful. Good day
Answered: Thu, 22 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi 's  Response
Sep 2013
Thanks for the query to H.C.M. Forum.
As 8 years ago Brodie's abscess was drained completely as you were symptom free .
In Brodie's abscess infection closely contained so as to create a chronic bone abscess containing pus or jelly like granulation like tissue surrounded by sclerotic bone.
Here I want to explain you that your present injury will not effect your past illness ,so don't take a tension.
Wait just 2-3 days and spontaneously this contusion ( bruise) will resolve.
Still if you don't get relief then consult a surgeon and get his opinion .
If no improvement within 2-3 days then also get in an X-ray of injured part and consult a surgeon.
Hope I have provided information required by you.
Good luck.
Answered: Thu, 22 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor