Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Had removal of urinary bladder stone and BPH. Now developed stricture. How safe is uroplasty?

Hi, My father (54) had a surgery for removal of Urinary Bladder Stone and BPH both one year ago. This was done by HOLEP technique (by using Holmium Laser ) through urinary passage. Post surgery a stricture has developed in his urinary passage. The flow of urine is still not satisfactory. Doctors are suggesting to undergo for Uroplasty now for removal of stricture. Kindly advise how safe Uroplasty is? Can Uroplasty be avoided by any non surgical means?
Asked On : Tue, 15 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  56
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that your father has developed stricture urethra after endoscopic procedure of TURP .This is not uncommon to develop stricture after instrumentation of urethral passage.If the stricture is flimsy and negotiable you can go for endoscopic procedure to cut the stricture what is called as Optical Urethrotomy. (VIU),
If the stricture is dense then it will be better to go for open surgery of Urethroplasty. Consult some well trained Urologist and let the him take the decision regarding the mode of treatment.Urethroplsty is safe procedure and result are commanding in best hands.
Answered: Thu, 17 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor