Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Had red, pimple like rash on face, spreading, itchiness, burned skin. What is it?

I had a red, pimple like rash begin on right side of face almost two months ago. I have seen a doctor and a dermatologist, one said he didn't know, dermatologist said maybe, rosecea, lets watch it, that was two weeks ago, it is now spreading to left side of face. The bumps/pimples get sore, sometimes has a small amount of pus, but don't go away. I am a senior citizen, but have never had anything like this before. I had a bad virus in January and February but eventually got over it. Can you tell me what this may be and what I can do for it? First doctor gave me a topical solution that burned skin and made it extremely itchy. Did not help at all.
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  41
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
,   ,   ,  
Dermatologist 's  Response
welcome to healthcare magic forum
thank you for your query
it look like rosacea ,fungal or bacterial infection .
you should consult dermatologist again as he has examine you previously
sun protection is the must thing
for itching you should take anti histaminic medicine .
clindamycin gel will help you .
avoid smoking and alcohol as it may worsen your condition
i hope i answered your query
Answered: Wed, 10 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor