Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Had protected vaginal sex, unprotected oral, have symptoms of HIV, lymph nodes swollen under the jaw, collar bone and knee. Worry?

hi doctor. in africa I had protected vaginal sex and unprotected oral. afyer tow weeks I had all the symptoms of hiv . I took a 4th generation test at 68 days, pcr rna at 69 days, 4th generation at 90 days and 4th generation at 6 months. all tests were non reactive. I have ly ph nodes swollen under the jaw and also above collar bone and knee . and these are swollen and like bullets foe the past nine months from the onset of symptoms. I realize that pgl is attached to hiv. shall u worry or relax?
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  51
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
thank you for using health care magic,
i understand your consern,
chances of spreading HIV by oral sex is rare .. from protected vaginal sex also HIV can spread but chances are less..
Spread of hiv totally depends on your partners's hiv status.. if your partner is known person try to find out your partner's hiv status.. go for confirmatory hiv test P24 antigen..if it is negative no need to worry..
swollen lymph node is not very early symptom of hiv, it can be because of some other reason.. consult near by physician ..
take care..
Answered: Fri, 19 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor